Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake. Fold cocoa mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Turn batter into prepared pan and bake until cake has risen, shrunken slightly from edges, and tests clean with a. It's Simple, Moist, Delicious And Serves A Lot Making It Our Go-To Party Dessert – Perfect With Ice Cream.
This thin cake is blanketed with a warm, pourable frosting and topped with pecans. My husband said 'Why have we been G. I've been asked to use this recipe for a wedding cake in September but I have never stacked this cake before only made it in a sheet pan. You can have Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake
- It’s 16 Tbsp. of unsalted butter in 16 pieces.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Butter to grease pan.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beatened.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s of For the frosting.
- You need 8 Tbsp of unsalted butter in 8 pieces.
- It’s 1 of \4 cup cocoa.
- You need 6 Tbsp of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pound of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
This is the sheet cake you make for someone you love very much, someone worth splurging on Dutch-process cocoa for (I won't lie, this is my favorite, and I save it for my favorite. Such a crowd pleaser perfect for any party or BBQ! It's actually a 'sheet cake', a standard baking treat in Texas.
Denver Chocolate Sheet Cake instructions
- For cake : Place oven rake in middle position. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well..
- Combine butter, cocoa and 1 1\2 cups water in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Whisk frequently until butter has melted and mixture is smooth, glossy and bubbling around the edges. Remove from heat..
- Fold cocoa mixture into dry ingredients until combined. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a oven rack..
- For frosting : Combine butter, cocoa and buttermilk in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk until butter has melted and mixture is smooth and bubbling around edges. Remove from heat and transfer to a standing mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed, add vanilla, salt, sugar and nuts if using. Pour warm frosting over top of cake and smooth with a spatula. Allow frosting to become firm before slicing..