Ingredients of Salmon Shioyaki
- You need 750 g of salmon fillets about 3/4 inch in thickness.
- It’s 37.5 g of salt 5% of salmon weight.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoon of rice wine or sake.
- Prepare of Lime wedges optional.
Salmon Shioyaki step by step
- Pat dry the salmon fillets with paper towel and place them on a shallow plate. Sprinkle both sides of salmon fillets with rice wine or sake and let sit for about 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle salt onto both sides of salmon fillets and wrap them with paper towels. Place them in a Ziploc bag and try to squeeze out as much air from the bag as possible. Refrigerate at least 6 hours and overnight..
- Take them out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to air frying..
- Put the salmon fillets in the fryer basket with out stacking and air fry at 400F (200C) for 7-8 minutes until surface is golden brown..