Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones
Ingredients of Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones
- You need 2 cups of bread flour.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of baking powder.
- It’s .5 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar in the raw.
- It’s .5 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of quick oats.
- Prepare 8 ounces of margarine (1 stick).
- It’s 1/2 of granny smith apple.
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 3/4 cup of almond milk.
Iz's Vegan Apple Cinnamon Scones instructions
- Core, peel and chop apple.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and oats in a bowl. Mix together..
- Add margarine..
- Break up margarine into the dry ingredient until there are no large lumps of margarine remaining..
- Add apple and raisins and mix together..
- Add milk and mix until incorporated. This will be a wetter dough than the typical scone..
- Put some flour on a flat surface..
- Place dough onto flour and sprinkle top of dough with more flour..
- Using your hands, rotate and pat the sides of the dough until you have formed a column. Have some flour to the side to go back for more on your hands, you will need it..
- Lift up the column and sprinkle more flour on your surface. Flatten the column into a disc, pat the sides and rotate as you need to make a circle.
- Cut the circle in half.
- Cut the half circle into three pieces.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Place on parchment lined, or slightly greased cookie sheet. (Use the wrapper off the stick of margarine. This is perfect for that.).
- Bake at 350F 25-35 minutes until done. Ovens vary, being off-grid it takes mine 40 minutes. See my French Bread recipe if you are interested in how I bake off-grid..
- Nutritional Info: Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value calories 375 Total Fat 11 g 16 % Saturated Fat 2 g 11 % Monounsaturated Fat 3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g Trans Fat 2 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 837 mg 35 % Potassium 103 mg 3 % Total Carbohydrate 60 g 20 % Dietary Fiber 2 g 9 % Sugars 21 g Protein 7 g 15 % Vitamin A 15 % Vitamin C 2 % Calcium 19 % Iron 13 %.