Fruit tart. Top with whipped cream." <br>- Shanda. Sliced pears top a cream cheese filling on a puff pastry crust. Using a sharp paring knife, trim dough flush with pan.
The key is to coat the fruit in a light glaze to keep it from drying out. Mix some strained apricot preserves with a little water or liqueur, warm and brush over the surface. For flavor, use a mix of vanilla bean and pure vanilla extract. You can have Fruit tart using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit tart
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of vanilla extract.
- It’s of custard cream.
- It’s 1 of cold water (as needed).
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 of yolk eggs.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla extract.
These are the perfect dessert for any party in summer or any time of year. To keep your berries from becoming soft and mushy, rinse and dry them just before you're ready to use them. Everyone will want a second slice of these sensational sweet desserts, perfect for a party. Crimp seams of puff pastry together with fingertips.
Fruit tart instructions
- mix butter, flour, salt,sugar and vanilla extract.
- add cold water slowly till u obtain a cohesive dough.
- put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- preheat the oven at 180°C.
- on a well-floured surface, roll the dough out into the size of your pan,you can sprinkle the top with a little flour too to keep dough from sticking to your rolling pin. bake it at 180°C for 20 min or until golden..
- prepare your custard cream and decorate with fruits..
- how to prepare the custard cream: mix the milk with the corn starch.
- then add sugar then yolk eggs and vanilla extract put it on the heat till it toughen – See more at: http://chefmariem.com/recipes/fruit-tart/#sthash.ggDIlVwY.dpuf.
Dust both sides of pastry with sugar. Using a rolling pin, roll pastry in each direction to close seams. This is the perfect refreshing treat for warmer weather! This recipe is perfect to make during the spring and summer time. It's refreshing, delicious and filled with juicy, fresh fruit that's in season.