Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- You need 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- You need of Capers.
- You need of Fresh dill.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..