Chicken Pesto. Bake in the oven, or make it outside on the grill! Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce. Add prepared basil pesto and cooked pasta.
Next, bring to a boil and cook until. Juicy chicken topped with fresh pesto, melty mozzarella and topped with vine ripened tomatoes. A marriage of traditional chicken Florentine with pasta and basil pesto. You can cook Chicken Pesto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto
- Prepare of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 of 6oz.Jar of Basil Pesto or Homemade.
- Prepare of Mozzarella.
- Prepare of Tomatoes 🍅.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese (optional).
- You need of Italian Season.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Chicken Breast Halves Covered In Basil Pesto, Baked With Mozzarella Cheese And Tomatoes Make This Baked Pesto Chicken DELICIOUS! Pesto Chicken is a healthy baked dish that is loaded with flavor. The pesto sauce is made with fresh basil, spinach, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan cheese that gets added right on top of the tender. This is the only pizza I make now.
Chicken Pesto step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 °F.Take your chicken breast and season with salt & pepper on both sides (You can pan sear breast for 2 minutes on each side on med -high heat to give texture.) If not raw is just fine..
- Take your Basil Pesto and Spread over top of breast to cover.
- Take your Tomatoes and thinly slice them..
- Add your tomato on top of your peston and then place your mozzarella cheese on top. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper and some parmesan,and Italian Season. Bake at the 400°F (200°C) for 35- 40 mins until chicken is cooked internally to 170°F and cheese should be bubbly and lightly browned.You are done,served fresh with salad or other sides dish. Enjoy!! I ran out of cheese so use as much as you like on yours..
With only four ingredients, this pesto grilled chicken is bound to become a favorite! The pesto recipe itself is printed fully in the post for pesto baked chicken. Chicken and mushrooms are tossed in the pesto white wine wine sauce with just enough. Pesto chicken pasta is my go to pasta recipe. I mean it makes sense right?