Low Carb Braised Beef Stew.
You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- You need 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- You need 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 7 of Red Radishes.
- You need 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- You need 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.