Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu)
Ingredients of Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu)
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of coconut amino or soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rice wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
- You need of Stir fry.
- It’s 1 pack of firm tofu.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s of Any crunchy vegetables (I used carrot, young corn).
- It’s of ground chicken or any leftover meat.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Green onions.
Low-carb Fried Riced Tofu (Japanese Iri-Tofu) step by step
- Wrap the firm tofu with paper towel and microwave for 1 min. Drain the water, put a plate or a pan on top of it and rest it for a while to drain water more..
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brown your meat in an oiled pan (I like to use sesame oil but avocado oil would be better for keto diet).
- When your meat is cooked, break the tofu in, you can just tear it up by your hand or smash to make it crumble as you cook.
- Stir in your veggies, mushrooms and cook for 1 minute then pour the sauce in; stir fry everything together until the sauce is cooked down and tofu absorb it well.
- Lastly, move everything to one side of the pan and crack the egg in, mix everything well like you scoop from the bottom and flip over to the top.
- Garnish with some green onions and done!.