Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara. One of my favorite pasta dishes in Italy was carbonara. Indulge your culinary senses with MUSHROOM CARBONARA. For a winning meat- and dairy-free pasta dish, try this vegan mushroom carbonara recipe from Chef Derek Sarno.
Use sundried tomatoes for a more savoury taste, while semi-dried tomatoes will be sweeter. I absolutely love this creamy and cheesy mushroom carbonara. In this easy gluten-free weeknight dish, mushrooms and pasta are cloaked in a creamy sauce made from eggs and cheese. You can cook Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara
- Prepare 200 g of pasta.
- Prepare 60 g of parmesan cheese.
- You need 150 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 10 g of parsley.
- You need to taste of salt and black pepper.
Vary your mushrooms for a unique taste. A tasty alternative to the carbonara with no cream!
Vegetarian Mushroom Carbonara step by step
- Cook the pasta and strain, but save a cup of cooking liquid. Let pasta rest while baking the mushrooms on medium heat in some oil for 5 minutes..
- Shred the cheese, and chop the garlic and parsley. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and stir in about 20 grams of cheese, as well as the garlic and any amount of black pepper you'the like..
- Sprinkle some salt on your mushrooms and stir before adding to the pasta. Stir in the egg mixture and let it dry up before adding the cooking liquid and mixing it in well.
- Serve with chopped parsley and the rest of the cheese!.